info-gsl

[Info-gsl] GSL Shell release 0.6

From: Francesco Abbate
Subject: [Info-gsl] GSL Shell release 0.6
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 09:21:06 +0200

Hi all,

I'm glad to announce to the GSL users and developers the release of
GSL Shell 0.6 alpha. This new version features, among other things:

- a complete interface to perform Fast Fourier Transform of real and
complex data with a simple interface
- a complete interface to numerical integration routines, including
weighted functions and indefinite integrals

GSL Shell is current usable for many common tasks without any problem.
A lot of work is still needed to implement some GSL modules but the
GSL modules already implemented are fully functional and documented.

With GSL Shell you can very easily use the GSL routines with the full
power of Lua scripting language. By using Lua you are free to define
even complex functions to perform elaborate computations on structured
data and use, at the same time, the GSL routines for performing
numerical computations.

The documentation system used by GSL Shell is reStructured Text and
Sphinx, both are Python projects. With Sphinx you can produce high
quality HTML and Latex documentation by using a *very* simple textual
format.

For more information on GSL Shell you can visit the GSL shell website,
http://www.nongnu.org/gsl-shell/ or the GSL shell project page at
Savannah, https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/gsl-shell/ .

You can also checkout the Subversion repository:

svn co svn://svn.sv.gnu.org/gsl-shell

I'm also looking for volunteers to further develop GSL Shell. A lot of
work has to be done to create the interface to many modules like
Random numbers, Eigenvalues, Simulated annealing, Special Functions
and many others. I need also help to improve and complete the
documentation and to develop a module to plot data.

Any feedback will be appreciated, thank you very much in any case for
your attention.

Best regards,
Francesco