Re: Strip signature on reply without standard separator

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Strip signature on reply without standard separator
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 07:56:59 +0200

Satoshi Yoshida wrote:

> I want to strip signature on reply without "-- ". I read
> https://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_48.html#Article-Signature
> and add to .gnus.el,

That's probably not the way to do it, I think that, i.e.
`gnus-signature-separator', should be used only for the
separator(s) per se and not in order to do other stuff like
that, since processing is likely to be based on that and what
you don't want to see last maybe appears in the middle of the
mail and other such unpredicted (?) situations ...

That kind of stuff you want can be done tho for sure, did you
check out this chapter:

  (info "(gnus) Article Washing")

Have a look at `article-translate-strings',
`gnus-article-strip-multiple-blank-lines', and
`gnus-article-prepare-hook' ...

HTH!

:)

--