Universal "answered marks"?

From: Lars-Johan Liman
Subject: Universal "answered marks"?
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2021 08:00:57 +0100

Hi! It's me again! :-)

Another thing that has made me curious for a long time ...

I'm using GNUS for e-mail with a local MH directory structure storage
backend. My fancy-mail-split sometimes copy a message into two folders
(on purpose).

If I read the message in one of the folders, it will be marked as "read"
(and eventually classified as old ("O")) in both. I perceive this as
good. I only need to read it once.

But if I reply to the message, the "A" mark that indicates that I have
answered the message only appears in the folder where I actually sat
when I replied. If I go to the other folder, there is no indication on
the summary line that I have replied to the message.

Is it possible to make the "A" mark appear in all folders that have a
copy of the message? (It's obviously possible for the "read" mark, so
why not for the "answered" mark?)

                                Cheers,
                                  /Liman