Re: nnmaildir vs nnimap (dovecot@localhost)

From: wgreenhouse
Subject: Re: nnmaildir vs nnimap (dovecot@localhost)
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 11:02:29 -0400

Hi,

Saša Janiška <gour@atmarama.com> writes:

> Since I like notmuch's query capabilities, I wonder if I can keep using
> it along with nnimap/dovecot?
>
> Any other pro/cons?

You would need to set up notmuch to point to dovecot's directory where
the mail is being stored (~/.mail in my shell provider's setup,
apparently). In Gnus, you must also customize
`nnir-notmuch-remove-prefix' to the same directory. Also, notmuch must
be using one of the backends that adhreres to a "one-message, one-file"
paradigm (notmuch is not compatible with mbox, for example, but dovecot
is).

--wgreenhouse