Re: Mail Content Makes Gnus Abort Emacs

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Mail Content Makes Gnus Abort Emacs
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 09:14:58 -0700

Annamalai Gurusami <annamalai.gurusami@oracle.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I received an e-mail with "Umbrella on Ground" symbol.  When I open the
> mail, Emacs itself gets killed.
>
> http://www.unicode-symbol.com/u/26F1.html
>
> I am using Gnus v5.13 on GNU Emacs 25.2.2 on Ubuntu 18.04.  I think this
> could be a bug and I wanted to confirm the same here.
>
> Let me know if I need to file a bug report.  Or should I do some
> setup/configuration to make it work.

I'd say this should be a bug report, since the problem isn't likely to
be with Gnus itself. I would report-emacs-bugs, then maybe include a
(sanitized) copy of the message that triggers the error, and include all
relevant font information for your Emacs -- what font backend is it
built with, what system fonts are you using with Emacs, etc.

Lastly, I would upgrade Emacs if you can :)