Re: nnir with notmuch gives error; sort: Wrong type argument: number-or-

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: nnir with notmuch gives error; sort: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 15:56:33 -0700

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

> xuqi <haoyang@expoundite.net> writes:
>

>> As the Gnus manual described, if you have one Maildir server, you only
>> need to specific its directory once. All its subdirectories would be
>> treated as groups in Gnus.
> Hmmh, i dont know that. will check if it works.
>

>> More importantly, I don't find 'karlderletzte' as a directory in your
>> config. The way you set the maildir up may have something to do with the
>> filenames in the karlderletzte folder. That this directory has even more
>> subdirectories which look like maildir directories is also peculiar.
>>
> Hello,
> sorry i only posted the config for the Lokal folders.

This has all gotten a bit confusing, but is it possible that you're
using notmuch to index and search groups that are in fact part of your
nnimap installation? Or that the groups belong to both your nnmaildir
and nnimap servers? That might explain why you can open messages in the
group, but the search results are failing for those messages.

This is kind of a shot in the dark. As xuqi says, I think you'd be
better off first cleaning up your nnmaildir installation.

Eric