Re: Colours gone

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Colours gone
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 12:13:51 -0800

Richmond <dnomhcir@gmx.com> writes:

> Emanuel Berg via info-gnus-english <info-gnus-english@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Richmond wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe it has to be in the context of gnus running?
>>>
>>> The link above was broken.
>>
>> Thanks for telling me, now the URL is fixed.
>> The correct one should be:
>>
>>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/my-faces.el
>>
>>> But I found this, not sure what it is
>>> telling me.
>>>
>>> https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/test-faces.el
>>
>> That's something else, to see how the colors
>> look when actually displayed.
>>
>> It sounds like you have it misconfigured
>> somehow.
>>
>> You don't need anything on these URLs, they are
>> just examples how it can look and what you
>> can do.
>>
>> Just require everything, then set the faces,
>> byte compile, correct warnings and
>> errors, do it again, done. Easy.
>
> I am afraid I am completely out of my depth. I don't know where these
> faces came from. I see they are in the file .gnu-emacs, but I have never
> edited that file.

Looks like you're using this person's dotfiles:

https://github.com/clauseggers/dotfiles/blob/master/.gnu-emacs

As for why you're doing that, no one else can tell you :)

That's also the config that's doing automatic new-group subscription,
from your earlier message. If I were you I would set this code aside and
start your config from scratch. It's a bit of a pain to start with, but
will result in fewer subsequent mysteries.