Re: splitting Gmail account just copy not move :-(

From: paul poulsen
Subject: Re: splitting Gmail account just copy not move :-(
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 10:11:31 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> schrieb am Do., 1. Aug. 2019, 22:43:
physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

>> Is that the only label it shows? What else is in the assoc list?
> It depends on the folder in Gmail.
> Sometimes it shows ((X-GM-LABELS . "(\\Important \\Inbox)")) or
> ((X-GM-LABELS . "(\\Inbox \\Sent \\Starred)"))

And you're sure that you're opening a message that has some specific
label defined on it?
Yes, because gmail show them and the code from Eric A. show them also.

I've also seen some indication that you might need to tell Gmail to
specifically export your custom labels as flags (or folders?), do you
see anything like that here:

https://mail.google.com/mail/#settings/labels
Oh i cannot see any option to export there?

Otherwise, I'm fresh out of ideas! Sorry...

>> And if you open the message and hit "t" (to toggle displaying all
>> headers), what does the X-GM-LABELS header look like in the article
>> buffer?
>>
> It didn't see this header...

Oh I see, it's not an actual header, just something you can request from
Gmail.
I don't understand this, because the code from Eric A. show them from inside gnus.... Could you please explain?

Regards
Poul