Re: newbie question: trouble with mail splitting

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: newbie question: trouble with mail splitting
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 23:35:55 +0200

Karl writes:

>         (to "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" "nnmaildir+Lokal:OrgDigest")

I have "To" instead of to...

>         (from ".*n3.nabble.com" "nnmaildir+Lokal:notmuch")

... and "From" instead of from.

>         (subject "^FRITZ!.*" "nnmaildir+Lokal:fritz")

And "Subject" instead of subject.

I.e. strings enclosed in double quotes.

I don't remember which is correct, but it might be worth trying.

Oh, here is the documentation:

  (field value [- restrict […] ] split [invert-partial])

     The split can be a list containing at least three elements. If the
     first element field (a regexp matching a header) contains value
     (also a regexp) then store the message as specified by split.

    - http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_84.html#Fancy-Mail-Splitting

So try using "To", "From" and "Subject" instead of to, from and subject!

You can use B q to check where an email would be split to, B t to get a
trace (more info!), and B r to actually have the email moved.

I'm not sure about the fully qualified folder names either, but maybe
that works. I just have "cron", "normal" and so on.

  Good luck!

    Adam

--
 "Everything needs to change.                                 Adam Sjøgren
  And it has to start today."                            asjo@koldfront.dk