Re: good address gives "may be bogus"

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: good address gives "may be bogus"
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 16:40:23 +0200

Kevin writes:

> Where can I put exceptions to the "address x may be bogus" warning? (I
> got this for a good @ehu.eus address.)

Looks like the huge regexp you want to change is:

,----[ C-h v message-valid-fqdn-regexp RET ]
| message-valid-fqdn-regexp is a variable defined in `message.el'.
| Its value is
| "[a-z0-9][-.a-z0-9]+\\.\\([a-z][a-z]\\|aero\\|arpa\\|....
|
| Documentation:
| Regular expression that matches a valid FQDN.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
| version 25.1 of Emacs.
`----

Found in the function message-bogus-recipient-p in message.el:

,----[ C-h f message-bogus-recipient-p RET ]
| message-bogus-recipient-p is a compiled Lisp function in `message.el'.
|
| (message-bogus-recipient-p RECIPIENTS)
|
| Check if a mail address in RECIPIENTS looks bogus.
|
| RECIPIENTS is a mail header.  Return a list of potentially bogus
| addresses.  If none is found, return nil.
|
| An address might be bogus if the domain part is not fully
| qualified, see `message-valid-fqdn-regexp', or if there's a
| matching entry in `message-bogus-addresses'.
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
  (Pithy optimistic saying goes here. Remember to edit        Adam Sjøgren
  this line!)                                            asjo@koldfront.dk