moving articles from mail groups

From: Hikaru Ichijyo
Subject: moving articles from mail groups
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 13:03:40 -0500

This is a small problem, but I'd still like to fix it...

I have the following in my ~/.gnus.el, to help me with saving messages:

      gnus-update-message-archive-method t
      gnus-default-article-saver 'gnus-summary-save-in-mail
      gnus-prompt-before-saving t
      gnus-message-archive-method
          '(nnfolder "archive"
                     (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail")
                     (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/.active")
                     (nnfolder-nov-is-evil t)
                     (nnfolder-get-new-mail nil))
      gnus-message-archive-group "sent-mail"
      gnus-gcc-mark-as-read t
      gnus-move-split-methods
           '(("^X-Gnus-.*\\(analog\\|digital\\|linux-audio\\|ensoniq\\|akai\\)"
                                          "nnfolder:synth")
             ("^X-Gnus-.*gentoo"          "nnfolder:gentoo")
             ("^X-Gnus-.*\\(cde\\|sun\\)" "nnfolder:freenet")
             ("^From:.*uchicago"          "nnfolder:uchicago")
             (""                          "nnfolder:saved-messages"))

With that setup, when I use gnus-summary-move-article (B m) to move an
article from my mail groups into one of these nnfolder files, I get
prompted like this:

         Move this article to (default nnfolder:freenet): nnmbox:

Yes, that "nnmbox:" part gets printed by the system (not by me).  I end
up having to delete back over it every time I want to do this.  Then,
when the line is cleared, I can hit return and it will do the right
thing as suggested by the default in parenthesis ("default
nnfolder:freenet)").  It saves into the folder I want it to, but I have
to get rid of "nnmbox:" at the end every time.

Is there a way I can make it stop doing that?

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent