Re: How to save the attachment?)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to save the attachment?)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 03:23:30 +0200

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> In my Gnus it shows the message id as
> 8761gfdupx.fsf@gmx.us. And indeed
>
>     8761gfdupx.fsf@gmx.us">http://mid.gmane.org/8761gfdupx.fsf@gmx.us
>
> Works. I see similar links to the one you see in the
> References-header.

I see the References-header containing first the same
data as the Message-ID-header, then a list of mixed
newsgroup/mailing list (?) IDs, e.g.,
<87sijkcbor.fsf@gmx.us> and
<mailman.9375.1411379666.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>.

The @gmx.us stuff is obviously you. But then comes the
mailing list reference as well, also from you. Only you
have that as @gmx.us, but not I! Heck, this is
confusing...

> Perhaps it is possible to look-up messages from the
> Gnu mailservers with that Message-ID?

Good idea, but this is the Message-ID:

    <mailman.9455.1411518329.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>

and this is the URL:

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2014-09/msg00059.html

In other headers, "info-gnus-english" is all over the
place. 2014 is in the Date-header. 09 isn't anywhere,
but "Sep" is in the Date-header, again. But where is
00059 (or even 59)? Nowhere in plain text, at least.

--
underground experts united