Re: How to get rid of many nnml mail directories en-masse

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: How to get rid of many nnml mail directories en-masse
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 21:03:39 +0100

> Over the years I've accumulated many many nnml directories that are no
> longer in use.
>
> I know how to delete individual mail directories thru gnus
> interface... but how can I delete dozens of them.
>
> Something like just delete them and then excise them from .newsrc.eld?
>
> Is there some way better than that... but doesn't take all day to do?

Hi Harry,

your question intrigued me because I had a few dozen such groups here. In
the absence of an answer from Those Who Know, this is how I did it.

1. In the group buffer hit 'L', to reveal all those unsubscribed groups.

2. Mark the UNwanted groups for processing and change them all to level 7
with S l

3. M-x gnus-group-kill-level and Gnus asks which level, tell it 7

that seems to have done the trick for me

hope that helps

Glyn