Re: gnus-group-line-format: number of articles to look at

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: gnus-group-line-format: number of articles to look at
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 01:43:52 +0200

> I want to include the number of "to be read" articles in
> `gnus-group-line-format'.  But "%N" is not nearly what I want.
> It seems to include all old articles that I didn't "open" - at
> least, it gives very large integers that can't reflect what I
> mean.

I found this - I think it is "all" you can do (it is *a lot*)
using the builtin format codes:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Group-Line-Specification.html

Those you mention are described as:

ā€˜Nā€™ Number of unread articles and
ā€˜Uā€™ Number of unseen articles

There is so much stuff that could be put in that string, it makes
me sea sick! Are you *sure* what you seek isn't mentioned?

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573