Re: My gnus does not fetch articles

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: My gnus does not fetch articles
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 06:03:05 +0200

> vincent.belaiche@gmail.com (Vincent Belaïche) writes:
>
>> This problem happened to me since orange closed their news server and I
>> turned to another server.
>
> Probably the article numbers are different on the different servers. Try
> pressing M-g on a group in the *Summary* buffer, and see if that helps
> (for that group).
>
>> I have also reset by ~/.newsrc and  ~/.newsrc.eld files, but that did
>> not help.
>
> Uh. Oh. I would have expected that to work.
>

>   Best regards,
>
>     Adam

What is really strange is that only some groups are affected by this. I
am wondering whether there is any way to debug how gnus will or will not
fetch the messages.

It seems that gnu.emacs.gnus is handled properly, but I have the problem
e.g. with fr.comp.text.tex and comp.soft-sys.math.scilab as far as I can
see from the date of the latest message that gnus shows and from what
archives in google groups show.

   Vincent.