Re: Sent message still in drafts (lisp error: "Selecting deleted buffer"

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Sent message still in drafts (lisp error: "Selecting deleted buffer")
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:50:50 +0900

Felix Natter wrote:
> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> hi Katsumi,

> sorry that it took me so long!

>> Felix Natter wrote:
>>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Selecting deleted buffer")
>>>   nnml-add-nov("expired" 12197 [nil "Rheinblick-Cache" "Felix Natter
>>> <fnat...
>>>   nnml-save-mail((("expired" . 12197)) "")
>>>   nnml-request-accept-article("expired" "" nil)
>>
>> I'm unable to reproduce such an error.  Could you get a backtrace
>> again by loading nnml.el (or nnml.el.gz, not .elc) in advance?
>> I.e.:  M-x load-library RET nnml.el RET, and do mail.

> Here it is, with (setq debug-on-error t) and M-x load-library nnml.el:

Thanks.  Though I haven't found the cause of the error in question
yet, I found some other problems on expiring sent drafts to a group.
The principal one is that a draft is not like a normal article:

・There is a separator between the header and the body.
  - You can't read its body in an expiry group.
  - Xref herder, etc. are put at the end of the body.
・Non-ASCII text has not been encoded properly.
・Attachments do not necessarily exist when re-using it.

It will cost to improve it.  Er, archiving sent drafts in an expiry
group is not the purpose of

(setq nnmail-expiry-target "nnml:expired")

you set, isn't it?  If so, how about setting a group parameter so
that only sent drafts are deleted?  To do that:

・In the Group buffer, type `G c' on the "nndraft:drafts" group
  to open the customization buffer.
・Find the "Expiry Target" entry, check the box, and make sure
  the value is `delete'.
・Press the [done] button at the beginning of the buffer.
・Type `s' to save the customization in the ~/.newsrc.eld file.