Re: long lines in followups

From: Corey Wells
Subject: Re: long lines in followups
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:49:53 -0400

Tiu <putr@his.org> writes:

> So the problem is I wanna respect a 72 width for lines both posting
> and following-up to others. Tried various snippets like
> with no success.

FILL-CITED-ARTICLE will only work when an article is being displayed,
not when being replied to. To word wrap when composing, try the key
combination M-q, which is bound by default to the function
FILL-PARAGRAPH. It works in every mode, not just Gnus. It can fill
regions and also fixes quote marks for you.

You can customize the desired width with the "fill-column" variable.

> Another question, I see ther's control and meta keys but what's the
> sequence to "W w" and the likes?

There are no modifiers for these. You just type the letters when viewing
an article, like in vi. Note the case sensitivity: you'd press Shift+w
w.