Re: problem following up to this very mailing list

From: Leonidas Tsampros
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:09:57 +0200

Rud1ger Sch1erz <nospam_tigre@yahoo.es> writes:
> Leonidas Tsampros <ltsampros@upnet.gr> writes:
>
>> I have never faced the problem described in the subject again. Generally
>> doing a followup and yank (F) or wide reply and yank (S W) works for all
>> of the other mailing lists and groups I'm subscribed to.
>
> I experience the same problem as you. I wonder why nobody else is
> complaining. This list seems not to set the reply-to header to
> info-gnus-english@gnu.org. So there is just the from-address of the
> author. Thus followup or reply just uses the address of the author
> instead of info-gnus-english@gnu.org.
>
> I fixed this for me using the posting styles.
>
> As I check for a couple of different email ids, I've defined this
> function to determine to-from context:

Hi all

I found a small undocumented problem in how Gnus removes address that it should
not followup too.

The offending function is 'rmail-dont-reply-to' and the value of the
variable 'rmail-default-dont-reply-to-names'. It's default value was set
to "\\`info-" and thus this group's To: address matched and it was
pruned.

Setting 'rmail-default-dont-reply-to-names' to nil will get your
followups to work as expected! Googling with this variable, rendered a
thread in this same list a year ago
http://www.mail-archive.com/info-gnus-english@gnu.org/msg07008.html
stating exactly the same thing as I do now.

It took me a while too to figure this out.

Anyway, I hope this helps :)

By the way, I still do not understand why other people in this Group have
not complained. Maybe they are are reading it with nntp. But again only
3 people in total use the mailing list? I'm inclined to think that this
is a Gnus initiation process of some sort.

<snip>