Archive solution for GNUS?

From: Oscar Carlsson
Subject: Archive solution for GNUS?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:40:35 +0100

Hi!

I've been trying to understand how to implement a Good Enoughâ„¢ archive
solution for GNUS. I currently sync my mail with GMail, using
offlineimap and a local dovecot server. It's great, especially on my
netbook on campus, since the WiFi is pretty unstable there.

I tried to understand what the archive mentioned in the "Foreign Groups"
(in the manual, http://goo.gl/bq4oa ) meant or how it works, but
couldn't understand it. All that happened when typing G a in my
Groups-buffer was that GNUS added a group called "*: nndir:ding.recent",
wtf?

I would like to have a total backlog of my mails (sometimes I need to go
back in my history), but right now offlineimap downloads several copies
of my mails (one for each label/folder, one for the big archive
folder...) which is very ineffective.

How do you do it?

Oscar