Re: Persitent articles not shown

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Persitent articles not shown
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:47:41 -0000

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using persistent articles to save articles that I find interesting.
>
> But when entering in a group, where articles have been made persistent,
> the (old) persistent articles are not shown. They're only visible in
> their corresponding cache group.

Gnus will only show the articles that you've asked Gnus to show.  So if
you're saying "show me the last 100 articles", Gnus will do that, no
matter whether the articles are cached or not.

If you wish to have some articles permanently displayed in a group, then
tick them or something.

> Doing '\ *' shows only persistent articles that would be showed in the
> group buffer even if they're not persistent.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  `/ *' will display all the cached
articles in the group, I think.