Getting Gnus to work with Zoho.com (SMTP problem)

From: beoram
Subject: Getting Gnus to work with Zoho.com (SMTP problem)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:47:20 -0000

I don't know if anyone has configured Gnus to work with Zoho.com
mail.  I can read email through IMAP, but I'm having problems sending
mail with SMTP.

When I send it says "Opening STARTTLS connection to to `smtp.zoho.com:
465'...done", but it doesn't send the mail and emacs locks up (I have
to push C-g C-g to get it back).

(I have successfully been able to set with Gnus to work with Gmail, so
this seems to be specific to Zoho.com)

My .gnus.el file:

---start-----
(load "starttls")
(load-library "smtpmail")

(setq user-mail-address "myemail@mywebsite.net")
(setq user-full-name "My Name")

;; Configure incoming mail (IMAP)
(setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "zoho"
(nnimap-address "imap.zoho.com")
(nnimap-server-port 993)
(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
(nnimap-stream ssl)))

;; Configure outbound mail (SMTP)
(setq smtpmail-starttls-credentials '(("smtp.zoho.com" 465 nil nil))
smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.zoho.com"
smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.zoho.com"
send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
smtpmail-smtp-service 465
smtpmail-auth-credentials '(("smtp.zoho.com" 465 "my-zoho-username"
nil))
smtpmail-debug-info t
smtpmail-debug-verb t
)

(setq smtpmail-local-domain nil)
(setq gnus-permanently-visible-groups "zoho")
(executable-find starttls-program)

---end---