Re: Reloading groups from server

From: Rafael
Subject: Re: Reloading groups from server
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:45:33 -0000

pocmatos@gmail.com (Paulo J. Matos) writes:

> I have subscribed to eternal-september for nntp and I forgot to
> configure authentication. So I found I didn't have all the groups from
> eternal september, only the public ones.
>
> After setting up the username and password in .authinfo and the force
> authentication, gnus still only shows me the same public groups and not
> new ones. How can I request gnus to force the fetch all groups from the
> server?

Hmm, are you sure the info in .authinfo is being sent to
eternal-september?

I had the same problem you mention recently (with
reader80.eternal-september.org, because port 119 is blocked at work),
and after several tries, this worked for me (the group list was
available without any special command):

in .gnus:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "reader80.eternal-september.org"
                                (nntp-port-number 80)))

in .authinfo:

machine reader80.eternal-september.org login xxxx password xxxx force yes