Help setting mail-from-style to angles.

From: mazirian
Subject: Help setting mail-from-style to angles.
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:44:29 -0000

I'm using Gnus 5.13 with Emacs 23.0.90-1 on Debian. Whenever I call
gnus-group-mail I am given a message with a from header using the
"parens" style: bowman@mazirian.com (Bradford R. Bowman). I want to
use
the angles style for the from header, as I find that parens confuses
the
roundcube webmail client, which is a problem for a number of people I
send mail to.

However, when I setq mail-from-style 'angles there is no change in the
behavior of gnus-group-mail. It continues to form a parens style from
header. Emacs confirms that the variable is set to "angles" by gnus'
mail composition mode seems to take no notice of this fact.

Admittedly I am not the most sophisticated emacs/gnus user.  Can
anyone
suggest a solution to this?