What does Gnus does to connect

From: Rafael
Subject: What does Gnus does to connect
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:44:26 -0000

Hello all,

I would like to know the exact steps that Gnus takes in order to
connect, given that at work I cannot use Gnus, apparently due to some
restrictions in both the wired and wireless networks. Over there, I
cannot pass from Gnus "splashscreen", while here at home I have no
problem getting my news from eternal-september and gmane and my mail
from gmail.

OTOH, wanderlust seems to send and receive mail from gmail while at
work, so I'm hoping that there is some alternative way for Gnus to work,
so that I do not have to switch.

Best regards,