Imap stopped working for some accounts

From: Jorro Jorro
Subject: Imap stopped working for some accounts
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:42:49 -0000

Hi everyone,

I am a bit confused. I use Gnus in Emacs to handle my emails via imap.
Till now everything worked perfect. But suddenly, 2 email accounts
stopped working. 3 others still work without a problem. One of the not
working is gmail, my Setup for that is:

 (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnimap "gmail"
                                   (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                                   (nnimap-server-port 993)
                                   (nnimap-stream ssl)
                                   (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo-
gmail")))

When I start gnus, I get:

Opening nnimap server on gmail...
Denied server nnimap+gmail
Opening nnimap server on gmail...failed

And only this regarding gmail. If I turn on verbose for Gnus, I get
nothing for Gmail, it seems it does not really start checking it.
It worked, I send the notebook to sleep and took it at work, since
then it doesn't work, neither at home or at work. I am not sure what
changed between that. I think gnus got stuck on the old connection, I
forgot to close it.

What confuses me is, I have the config in ~/.gnus.el. It's quite a
while since i set everything up. Now when I try to start gnus as a
different user to see where the problem is, I can not make gnus fetch
the gmail account. I add the lines above to ~/.gnus.el but still, gnus
does not fetch this. And if I remove the gmail config from ~/.gnus.el,
still gnus tries to fetch gmail over imap (and fails). Was there
something else I have to configure? And: Where is the problem? I don't
get any meaningful messages out of it. .

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks and Regards,

Jorro