Re: A killer feature for Gnus ?

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: A killer feature for Gnus ?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:47:12 -0000

Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> writes:

> On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 21:25:18 +0100, Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com>
> wrote:

[...]

>> What would be great is to mark articles with a special mark. Then in
>> the group buffer, one can create a virtual group which would gather
>> all the special marked articles. So when entering this group, one can
>> see all his interesting discussions. Then selecting an article in this
>> group would jump to the 'real' group (gnu.emacs.gnus for example) and
>> place the cursor on it.
>>
>> Does that sound usefull ?
>
> Yes, it sounds useful.
>
> It seems like an extension of nnvirtual groups with the extra twist of
> "filtering" articles from the virtual group sources :-)

Well I don't know what you mean by this but nnmairix backend does this:
after a search, a virtual group is created which collects all the
articles matching some criterias. Then you can visit this group and read
the searched articles or go to the original group they belong with `$ o'
IIRC.

--
Francis