Re: Gnus and news groups behind a mail-to-news gateway

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: Gnus and news groups behind a mail-to-news gateway
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:47:09 -0000

> Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Ok, but could you let me know why Gmane would give better result ? Does
>> it uses a not broken news<->mail gateway ?
>
> Gmane doesn't do (extensive) Message-ID renaming.

Indeed that's awesome to see how things (like threaded view, article
search by Message ID) work better. I Can't see a reason to do this
Message-ID renaming...

However one thing that still doesn't correctly is web search `G w' with
Gmane search engine.

Basically I'm looking for all posts whose subject is "disabling group
leader perf_event" in the gmane.linux.kernel news group.

Doing `G w' -> gmane -> "disabling group leader perf_event" creates a
web group with some articles but no one with the searched subject.

So I retrieved the wanted articles with 'M-^' since I have the message
Ids but it's quite tedious.

--
Francis