Re: Does the most recent Mailcrypt support something else than inline PG

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Does the most recent Mailcrypt support something else than inline PGP?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:43:45 -0000

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:51:17 +0200, Merciadri wrote:

> I tried, but to no avail. I did not try for hours, because I don't
> like devoting much time to a light problem such as this one (I have
> other problems to solve first).

Fair enough. It sounded like you didn't try at all, that is why I was on
your case so much.

>> How would a "somewhat exact solution" to your problem look?

> Using the best PGP package with as few problems as possible.

How is that a somewhat exact solution to the problem of finding out what
messes up your configuration when you take Mailcrypt out of the
equation?

[...]

> What a student gives on his paper after an exam is a set of different
> `solutions,' hoping one for each question, by definition.

> These solutions are expected to be as much exact as possible.

This sentence doesn't make sense to me. Either a solution is exact, or
it isn't - now, a solution might be almost correct, somewhat correct,
mostly wrong or entirely wrong, for instance, but it is either exact or
it isn't.

[...]

> But saying that a solution is either correct or not is, at least to
> me, too `black-and-white.' Between black and white, there's also gray
> :)

I never said that a solution was either _correct_ or not. Again you are
putting words in my mouth. Please try to avoid this, it is rude.

I said a solution was either _exact_ or not. "correct" and "exact" are
very different words and concepts.

We clearly have problems understanding eachother; I'll stop trying and
crawl back in my hole now.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "My internal clock is on Tokyo time."                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk