Re: nnimap-split-methods syntax

From: Tommy Kelly
Subject: Re: nnimap-split-methods syntax
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 21:36:21 +0000

[Moving to .gnus.user -- didn't realize I may be bugging people on
the development list]

I'm looking for some help in creating nnimap-split-methods that match on
more than one line. For example, I'd like to split out messages that are
>From certain people AND To me.

I know I may need to try fancy splitting, but I'm now trying to
understand why certain regex's don't do what I expect. For example, I
tried a split something of the (imperfect) form:

("to-me-from-certain-people"
"^From:.*certainpeople.com\\(.\\|\n\\)*To:.*tommy.kelly@verilab.com")

But it doesn't work. Even more confusingly, it does work for someone
else (on the developer list).

Can anyone suggest what the problem is?
What's the best way to debug this kind of thing? (I'm using nnimap, so
I'm not sure nnmail-split-history is useful -- I can't find an
nnimap-split-history).

thanks,
Tommy