Re: gnus.user or gnus.general

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: gnus.user or gnus.general
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:44:27 +0200

pocmatos@gmail.com (Paulo J. Matos) writes:

Hi Paulo,

> I am quite confused between the use of gmame.emacs.gnus.user /
> gmame.emacs.gnus.general.
> Overall they seem to fit the same purpose. Would someone clarify?

gnus.user is the general user support group, and gnus.general is the
developer group.  As a general guideline, I'd suggest to use
gnus.general if you use an bleeding edge gnus version (from git, or the
version that's bundled with emacs from bzr) and something that used to
work stopped doing so or you have a question concerning a new feature.
For general configuration/usage issues, gnus.user is more appropriate.

Bye,
Tassilo