Re: Gnus with Dovecot and imapoffline

From: laufstuck
Subject: Re: Gnus with Dovecot and imapoffline
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:16:37 -0800 (PST)

Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

> Does that mean you are pointing your Gnus to a Dovecot account or
> to a Maildir source from offlineimap ?

I am pointing my Gnus to a Dovecot account. offlineimap is used to
download all emails with Dovecot acting as local IMAP server, to serve
to my Gnus.

I had one more question. I was using Gmail for past many years and I
have racked up quite a few GB of space on their servers. Obviously
downloading all my email via offlineimap does not make any sense. But
then I also dont want to download _only_ the latest emails also. The
ideal scenario for me, would be to maintain a partial cache of emails,
like keep a copy of only the latest 500 emails or so (for example).
This
way I can save some precious disk space (on my old laptop), plus keep
most of the benefits of offlineimap. Is there some way I can do this
in
offlineimap?

Cheers,
Atul