Re: What's a killed article ?

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: What's a killed article ?
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 20:05:58 +0200

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 09:46:22 -0600, Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:
> Can you provide a list of terms you personally found challenging?
> Remember, most readers of the Gnus mailing list and newsgroups are not
> good test subjects for manual readability :)

That's a fairly good point.  I think that with a bit of shepherding from
more experient documentation writers, the ``newbies'' of some particular
program should _always_ be considered a very good source of information
about what can be improved about the documentation.

It takes a lot of empathy and practice to ``get into the shoes'' of a
new user when you are already an experienced developer.  On the other
hand, if you *are* a newbie it costs nothing at all :-)