problems with the message-setup-hook

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: problems with the message-setup-hook
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:08:31 +0100

Hello

I have asked that question some time ago, but it was pointed out to me
that supercite was the culprit. I desactived supercite and my problem
remains:

I have written a function which adds at the beginning of each mail
a message which is based on an entry in the bbdb. Like
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your last message,

> Joe wrote:
> Look this is a great idea

--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

The point is how that should be combined with
gnus-summary-reply-with-original?

I just added in the message-setup-hook:

(add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'bbdbciteadpt-insert-bbdbcite)

However the problem is that the function is executed before
gnus-summary-reply-with-original is finished, leading to:
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---

> Joe wrote:
> Look this is a great idea

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your last message,

--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

So this is set at the end instead of the beginning of the message.

So I thought maybe defadvice is my friend.

By using

(defadvice gnus-summary-reply-with-original (after mybbdbcite activate)
  "Runs bbdbcite after the gnus-summary-reply-with-original function."
  (bbdbciteadpt-insert-bbdbcite))

But it did not work.

Another strange thing:

Does somebody has an idea?
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---

`message-setup-hook' is a variable declared in Lisp.
  -- loaded from "message"

Value: ((lambda nil (set (make-local-variable (quote
user-mail-address)) "oub@mat.ucm.es") (let ((user-full-name "Uwe
Brauer") (user-mail-address "oub@mat.ucm.es")) (save-excursión
(message-remove-header "From") (message-goto-eoh) (insert "From: "
(message-make-from) "\n")))) (lambda nil (save-excursión
(message-remove-header "Reply-To") (let ((value "Uwe Brauer
<oub@mat.ucm.es>")) (when value (message-goto-eoh) (insert "Reply-To"
": " value) (unless (bolp) (insert "\n")))))) t)

This value is specific to the current buffer.

Default-value: (bbdb-insinuate-message bbdb-define-all-aliases
turn-on-iso-accents-mode bbdbciteadpt-insert-bbdbcite)

Does somebody has and idea?

thanks

Uwe Brauer