Re: Processing HTML Emails

From: Jake Colman
Subject: Re: Processing HTML Emails
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:00:43 -0500

   CpC> Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:
   >> 1) I have configured browse-url to launch firefox.  If I click on a
   >> link, firefox is launched but it displays its home page and not the
   >> URL I wanted.

   CpC> Strange. How did you set up your browse-url?

(setq browse-url-browser-function (quote browse-url-firefox))

If I click on a link, firefox does launch but won't show the correct
page.  If I launch firefox from the command-line and give it a URL, it
works.  Is there something I'm missing about getting the URL passed to
firefox when executed from gnus?

   >> 2) If my email is an HTML email, I see the 'text/html' Mime part
   >> button.  If I click on it, the button expands to show me raw HTML.
   >> How do I get that text properly rendered?

   CpC> Integrate it with emacs-w3m:

   CpC> http://olympus.het.brown.edu/cgi-bin/info2www?(emacs-w3m)Gnus

You find emacs-w3m better than w3?

--