Gnus forgets what my IMAP inbox contains

From: Ross A. Laird
Subject: Gnus forgets what my IMAP inbox contains
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:52:53 -0700

Sometimes gnus seems to revert my inbox back a month or so.
Here's what happens: I'm merrily emailing, viewing groups, etc., then at
a certain undefined and unpredictable point (which happens every few
days or so) gnus re-jigs my IMAP inbox. All the new and ticked messages
disappear, and instead I see a list of emails that look like they are in
proper dated order -- but the date of all these emails is a few weeks
back. No matter what I try (including restarting gnus) I can't seem to
time travel gnus into the present. I have to delete my gnus local
folders to get the current mails to be viewed again.

What's going on?

Ross
--
Ross A. Laird, PhD