Re: copy emails from one installation to the other

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: copy emails from one installation to the other
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:34:16 +0200

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:00:27 +0200, Martin wrote:

> Hi, I have two machines with emacs/gnus installation. both running
> GNU Emacs 21.4.1 Gnus v5.10.7 both having nnml as select method.

> How do I copy some selected emails from one machine to the other?

At least three ways spring to mind:

 1) Export to mbox, copy mbox-file, import from mbox (by appending til
    /var/spool/username - quick'n'dirty - or perhaps using nndoc:)

 2) Copy the files in question to the second machine, read them
    (using nndir: or nneething:) - copy them to their
    nnml:-destination.

 3) Copy from the first machine to a temporary folder on an
    IMAP-server, copy them from the IMAP-server to the appropriate
    nnml:-folder on the second machine.

  Best regards,

--
 "Grittings. Ma nam is Kahlfin."                              Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk