Re: no primary server !

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: no primary server !
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:34:56 +0200

On 25 Apr 2005 20:53:08 -0700, Ian wrote:

Adam> Perhaps you can use nnnil as the primary server?

> Why? Why not simply make the real source of articles (a mail
> backend, I presume) the primary?

The documentation says:

,----[ gnus/lisp/nnnil.el ]
| It's useful as a primary select method when you want all your real
| select methods to be secondary or foreign.
`----

At times I've sometimes found it aesthetically unpleasing that one
server is treated different than others (naming-wise, for instance),
but I admit that I never exerted any effort in obtaining a deep
understanding of the issues involved.

  Best regards,

--
 "My baby is my sun                                           Adam Sjøgren
  Not the burning one"                                   asjo@koldfront.dk