Re: Reading encrypted+signed S/MIME messages

From: Arne Jørgensen
Subject: Re: Reading encrypted+signed S/MIME messages
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:00:39 +0200

Milan Zamazal <pdm@brailcom.org> writes:

> It seems to me that the problem appears when I use a self-signed
> certificate as keyfile. Certificate signed by a CA certificate seems
> to work fine.

Indeed.

I just created a self-signed certificate and tested.

Gnus fails to decrypt the self-signed certificate whereas it works
fine with my CA-signed.

And as David metioned it seems to be that the mm-pkcs7-enveloped-magic
is different from that of a message encrypted with a self-signed
certificate.

So. Why is the magic diffrent? And where are thos magics documented?

Kind regards,
--
Arne Jørgensen <http://arnested.dk/>