Switch NNTP servers, not lose old params?

From: Jerry Sievers
Subject: Switch NNTP servers, not lose old params?
Date: 03 Apr 2005 14:06:02 -0400

Hi.  This is on Gnus 5.7 (sorry, long story).

Please suggest how I sync up with a new nntp server without losing all
my saved group parameters and other state in the .newsrc.eld file.

I see that moving the .newsrc.eld file and starting Gnus with the new
server, does a fine job having Gnus examine the active file and
present me with all groups.

All fine but this leaves me having to rebuild all group customization
again.  FWIW, I am not concerned with losing state on the nntp groups,
only the mail groups.

How can I get a new nnttp server in there without having to start from
scratch all the way?

Thanks.

Jerry Sievers   305 854-3001 (home)     WWW ECommerce Consultant
                305 321-1144 (mobile    http://www.JerrySievers.com/