launching gnus with multiple news servers, how to only open ONE?

From: Peter Petersen
Subject: launching gnus with multiple news servers, how to only open ONE?
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:05:47 +0200

Hi,

the subject line says it all.

I have gnus configured for multiple news servers, but when launching
gnus I would like it to only open _one_ of the various news servers and
keep the other news servers closed.

Reason:
I normally only use _one_ regular news servers, the other news servers
are only there for the odd down time of the main server or for the
occasional look in otherwise unavailable newsgroups. And since some of
the servers are very slow and delay gnus' start-up considerably I would
like to launch gnus and only have _one_ server (the main server) opened
automatically.

Is this feasible?
I wouldn't really like to remove the other servers from the server
buffer...

thanks
Peter