problems with agentize

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: problems with agentize
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:52:55 +0200

Hello

Maybe I am doing something fundamentally wrong, but under Xemacs
21.4.15 no mule gnus-5.10.6 agentizes seems not to work.

                (1) When no server is agentized, I can call
                  "gnus-unplugged" plug in  when needed, download messages the
                  way it is described (I  checked the messages are download in
                  the   directory $prefix/agent/nntp.)  However when I  unplug
                  gnus and try  to read my messages  I cannot  enter the group
                  where the downloaded messages are supposed to be.

                (2) when I call gnus, agentize a server leave gnus, call
                    gnus-unplugged, then gnus tries to connect to the first
                        server and since I am not connected this does not
                        work. Even when I agentize every server I acces, the
                        behaviour is the same.
Thanks

Uwe Brauer