Memory use during gnus-group-get-new-news

From: Tim Lavoie
Subject: Memory use during gnus-group-get-new-news
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:23:24 -0500

Hello,

I've been using Gnus for quite a while now, and have been more than
satisfied. However, I have had one bit bug me starting recently, and
am not sure if it is something I've done or not.

Basically, when I hit 'g' for gnus-group-get-new-news, it now seems to
thrash extensively, with lots of blinking garbage collection messages
in the minibuffer. It all gets done eventually, but is taking
noticably longer than it had before.

Is there a setting or NNTP server behavior I should be looking for as
a culprit? I haven't been changing anything in my XEmacs
customization, nor have I gone and added a pile of
newsgroups. Suggestions are most welcome.

            Thanks,
            Tim