Re: X: Change font-size only in summary-buffer.

From: Josef Oswald
Subject: Re: X: Change font-size only in summary-buffer.
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:06:48 GMT

peterg@despammed.com (Peter G.) writes:

> Josef Oswald <NO.SPAM.for.gnus@chello.at> writes:
>
>> This is actually stored in ~/.xemacs/custom.el and looks like this:
>>
>>  '(gnus-group-mail-2-empty-face ((((class color) (background light))
>>  (:foreground "whitesmoke" :background "darkviolet" :size "16pts"
>>  :family "Trebuchet Ms" :bold t :underline t))))
>>  '(gnus-group-mail-2-face ((((class color) (background light))
>>  (:foreground "firebrick" :background "yellow" :size "16pts" :family
>>  "Nexus" :bold t :italic nil :underline nil))))
>
> Thanks. After having tried finding an easier method, I bit the bullet
> and customized quite a lot of the faces by 'M-x customize'. It works.

To customize a whole bunch of faces I went trough a similar route :-)
That's why it's called _customize_ :-)

> Which leads me to another question. How can I customize faces for
> visible custom headers in news and mail ? I'm thinking 'Date',
> 'User-Agent' et cetera.

also with M-x customize-face

again if you use tab then after gnus-header- then you will se a _few_
options,
gnus-header-content-face
gnus-header-from-face
gnus-header-name-face
gnus-header-newsgroups-face
gnus-header-subject-face

I usually load all (default) and then search CRTL - s for gnus.

A few headers can't be changed, I display not all of them, only when I
need to see more info, then I hit "t" (without the quotations-marks) in
the summary buffer.

Right now those are the only headers shown on any article: