Re: Gnus after start....

From: Michael Slass
Subject: Re: Gnus after start....
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:10:50 -0700

Josef Oswald <NO.SPAM.for.gnus@chello.at> writes:

>I works kind of, in the summary buffer the cursor (in topic Mode on of
>off) jumps now to the desired group.
>
>What I would like ( and maybe I did not express myself well enough) is
>that I can see the messages in that group.
>
>So right now I still have to hit RET  o poor me :-) to see the messages.

The easiest thing to do is just to find out what commands are run by
the keys you hit, and then add those commands to the function you
write.

In your *Group* buffer, if you type
C-h c RET
You'll see
"RET runs the command gnus-topic-select-group"

,----[ C-h f gnus-topic-select-group RET ]
| gnus-topic-select-group is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
`gnus-topic'.
| (gnus-topic-select-group &optional ALL)
|
| Select this newsgroup.
| No article is selected automatically.
| If the group is opened, just switch the summary buffer.
| If ALL is non-nil, already read articles become readable.
| If ALL is a number, fetch this number of articles.
|
| If performed over a topic line, toggle folding the topic.
`----

So, combining that with Reiner's advice, you'll get something like:

(defun my-gnus-startup ()
  (interactive)
  (gnus-group-jump-to-group "nnml+foo:bar")
  (gnus-topic-select-group))

Best,

--
Mike Slass