Gnus + SN: article count not incrementing

From: Neil Woods
Subject: Gnus + SN: article count not incrementing
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:47:34 +0100

I'm currently using the SN news server on my local network. Everything
has been working fine until yesterday I decided to add another newsgroup
using SN's snnewgroup command.

After running snget to download new articles I start Gnus, type F and
the new group appears.

However, subsequently running snget to fetch new articles, then typing
`g' in the group buffer, I notice the article count for this particular
group is not updated (despite new articles arriving on the local
server.) What I do then is kill the group in the group buffer, enter the
server buffer, select the server and re-subscribe. At this point the
count is correct. However, on subsequent runs the article count is again
not updated.

This local server is non-agentized.

Any help appreciated.

--
|   Neil Woods   |   Do you ever get that feeling of deja vu?   |