reuniting the cache with a group?

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: reuniting the cache with a group?
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:56:18 +0100

Due to some problem with leafnode (or maybe a gnus/leafnode
interaction) I ended up with a lot of my subscribed groups
disappearing - not really sure what happened and
gnus-group-jump-to-group didn't complete on these groups despite them
being there on my local server.

I've mostly repaired the vanished groups but I use gnus-use-cache and
I've lost the ticked articles (not surprising really!), they're all
there in ~/News/cache/<group.name>, is there a way of getting that
information back into .newsrc.eld? The info refers to
gnus-cache-generate-nov-databases and gnus-cache-generate-active which
appears to be the other way I've not _yet_ found a way of putting back
the ticked articles into gnus - unless I'm missing something obvious?

Robert
--
Poetry's not window cleaning.
It breaks the glass.