Re: nnml groups to new system

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: nnml groups to new system
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:47:27 +0200

Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> writes:

> I've installed a new system and decided I'd like to "start fresh" on
> many things including 'gnus'.  Currently, I've got all my folders in
> 'nnml' format (one email per file).  What I want to do is transfer all
> my nnml groups to the new system.

You can read the old directories with G D or G d, I think.

But you can also create an nnml group on the new system.  This will
produce an almost-empty directory.  Empty it completely, then copy the
messages from the old directory to the new directory.

Then do M-x nnml-generate-nov-databases RET or M-x
nnml-generate-nov-databases-1 RET.

Kai