Re: reflecting X-NOFFLE-Status in gnus *Summary* buffer

From: Yair Friedman
Subject: Re: reflecting X-NOFFLE-Status in gnus *Summary* buffer
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:50:20 +0200

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:26:19 +0800,
Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> writes:

> It seems us noffle gnus users do indeed have a chance to know if a
> message has been downloaded or not when merely looking at gnus'
> *Summary* buffer.
>
> The X-NOFFLE-Status header could be examined by gnus, and then some
> change to the article's summary line could be made, much like the
> number of lines is extracted and put on the article's summary line.

If I understood you you want to change the summary  according to the
presence/absence of X-NOFFLE-Status header. I did something similar for
Importance MS headers my boss uses :)

The basic steps for doing it are:
* adding X-NOFFLE-Status to nnmail-extra-headers
* defining gnus-user-format function that will search this header using
  mail-header-extra and return mark needed.
* adding %u spec in gnus-summary-line-format.

You may need to regenerate the nov database to make this work on old
messages.

HTH