Re: selecting all messages

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: selecting all messages
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:15:12 +0200

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:28:04 -0400 Ted Zlatanov wrote:

Ted> On Tue, 03 Aug 2004, kai@emptydomain.de wrote:

>> You can mark all messages in a group with M P a.

Ted> I don't use that much, because it's hard to remember (IMO) and
Ted> takes 2 chords (S-m, S-p) and 1 keystroke (a).

[...suggestion to change to C-#...]

But then there are M P b, M P s, M P U, and many more process marking
commands... Do you want to change all of them? (I actually don't
remember using M P a, always type M P b;)

M P is not such a bad sequence, at least it somehow reflects "Mark for
Processing". Personally I would keep it as is.

What I find somewhat inconsistent are T # and M P T,
gnus-uu-mark-thread and gnus-uu-unmark-thread, respectively. Oh well,
now I see that M P t is synonymous for T #. Shouldn't the latter one
be shown in the menus for consistency, then?

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)