info-gnu

GNU direvent 5.1 released [stable]

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: GNU direvent 5.1 released [stable]
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 18:13:57 +0300

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the new version of GNU direvent.

GNU direvent monitors a set of directories on the file system and reacts
when  their content changes. When a change is detected, the daemon
reacts by invoking an external command configured for that kind of
change.

For a summary of changes in this release, see the end of this message.

Here are the compressed sources and a GPG detached signature[*]
  http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/direvent/direvent-5.1.tar.gz
  http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/direvent/direvent-5.1.tar.gz.sig

Here are the MD5 and SHA1 checksums:

9a4300914e799cf274b094c033ee6cb9  direvent-5.1.tar.gz
b9cfc4f6685de1cc422256c42da992a6024bbb1d  direvent-5.1.tar.gz

[*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
.sig suffix) is intact.  First, be sure to download both the .sig file
and the corresponding tarball.  Then, run a command like this:

  gpg --verify direvent-5.1.tar.gz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 55D0C732

and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command.

This release was bootstrapped with the following tools:
  Autoconf 2.69
  Automake 1.14
  Gettext 0.19
  Makeinfo 5.9.93

Important changes in this release:

* Globbing patterns in #include statement

If argument to the #include statement contains wildcard characters (*, [,
], or ?), it is interpreted as shell globbing pattern and all files
matching that pattern are included, in lexicographical order.  If no
matching files are found, the directive is replaced with an empty
line.

* New watcher option 'shell'

The 'shell' option causes watcher command to be executed via
'/bin/sh' (by default it is invoked directly, using the 'execve'
call).  For example:

  watcher {
     path "/etc/httpd/vhosts";
     command "/usr/bin/scanhosts && service httpd restart";
     option (shell);
  }

* Include path

If the argument to the #include (#include_once) statement is not an
absolute file name or globbing pattern, it is looked up in the include
search path.  The order of look up is as follows.  First, directories
given with '-I' options (see below) are scanned, in the same order as
given on the command line.  If no matching file is found in any of
them, directories in the standard include search path are scanned.

Standard include search path is defined at compile time.

To inspect the actual path at runtime, run 'direvent --help',
and look for the string 'Include search path:' in its output.

* New command line option -I (--include)

The '-I DIR' command line option adds DIR to the include search path.
When looking for include files, directories given with '-I' options
are scanned first.  If the file is not found, the directories in the
standard include path are scanned.

Best regards,
Sergey